Job Title: Social Worker – Case Management (based in Kilifi South and Ganze)
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Position Type: 1 Year
KWETU TRAINING CENTRE is implementing ans orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed MWENDO in Partnership with CRS, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
As a key member of the LIP programming team in the county, you will monitor and report on all project activities related to case management and service delivery with respect to OVC and their families in support of MWENDO’s work to ensure improved access to health and social services to the OVC and their families. Your OVC service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies the new Case Management approach to the delivery of quality and time bound services to the OVC and their families as well as enhance their participation in their best interest to constantly work towards improving the impact of the benefits to the project beneficiaries. You will be reporting to the LIP Project Coordinator, work and coordinate closely with other MWENDO Project staff, key staff form the relevant ministries, Community Mother Mentors, Community Health Volunteers and Link Desk Person to contribute to a holistic, integrated, and comprehensive project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all assigned project activities as outlined in the LIP Detailed Implementation Plan in line with organizations principles and standards, donor and GOK requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Support the project volunteers in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with other organization staff and volunteers to prepare reports per established reporting schedule and guidelines.
- Provide technical support and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to the LCHVs, CHVs and Link Desk Persons to ensure effective and quality service provision.
- Actively engage in identifying and documentation of project promising practices, case and human-interest stories, dissemination and use of relevant knowledge in the field.
- Represent the organization and MWENDO project in meetings at county, sub county, ward and locational levels, working groups, and other events as requested, to support forging relations with the GOK, other stakeholders, the community and project beneficiaries.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and CRS standards and established schedules.
- Ensure community case workers (CCWs – project volunteers) complete required case management forms and ensure case filing system is developed and maintained.
- Create community linkages for broader community engagement in case management.
- Conduct joint support supervision with relevant GOK representatives to forge better working relationships
- Conduct regular home visits with the CHVs to ascertain service provision to the project beneficiaries as well as providing support to the volunteers.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Social Sciences or any other related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Ability to ride motorcycle with valid riding license will be an added advantage
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to cultivate constructive relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and public relation skills and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with rural/urban working environment
- Knowledge of OVC case management methodology
- Strong coordination skills and strong team orientation.
- Strong community mobilization skills.
- Strong networking skills.
- Ability to use computers.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Applicants are required to send their letter of application, CV, relevant certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating current and expected Salary by COB 6th November 2019. Candidates should clearly indicate the position being applied for on the subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and interview will be done on a rolling basis. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Share this story