Position: Data Assistant
Reports To: MEAL Officer.
LOCATION: Kilifi South and Ganze Sub counties.
Position Type: Contract (3 Months).
KWETU TRAINING CENTRE, LIP implementing an Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project in partnership with CRS under the MWENDO project that which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal health services and child welfare & protection systems, and the cross sectorial linkages and coordination between them to ensure quality service delivery for OVC and their families.
Reporting to the MWENDO project LIP MEAL Officer, the Data Assistant is primarily responsible for data entry of F1A, F1B & HES data into CPIMS. The role also includes continuous data cleaning, verification, validation and updating of the CPMIS database.
- Ensure proper filling system is in place in accordance with MWENDO file management SOP
- Receive completed forms, verify and validate for completeness, accuracy and integrity
- Enter data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Type in data provided directly from project sites
- Update existing data whenever required
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Verifying and keying in data in CPIMS/OLMIS
- Help in retrieval and storage of OVC files accordingly and whenever required during DQAs and SIMS exercise
- Provide data for and participate in monthly data review meetings at LIP level
- Perform regular data cleaning to ensure quality OVC data in CPMIS
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least a diploma in any related field. A degree will an added advantage
- Proven experience as data entry clerk or equivalent for at least 2 years
- Familiarity and experience with CPIMS in OVC programming
- Data entry & data cleaning experience in USAID OVC project would be an added advantage
- Experience in training CHVs in OVC data collection tools is a plus
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
Skills and Abilities
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Self-driven, goal oriented and flexible.
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner.
Additionally: Having a personal laptop is highly desired and an added advantage.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Applicants are required to send their letter of application, CV, relevant certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating current and expected Salary by 28th June 2020 COB. Candidates should clearly indicate the position being applied for and its reference number DA/MWENDO-KWETU/06/2020 as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and interview will be done on a rolling basis. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Start Date : Immediately.
Share this story