KWETU TRAINING CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT is seeking a competent and experienced person to fill in the position of a PROJECT OFFICER –HUMAN RIGHTS & GOVERNANCE PROJECT
The Officer will be responsible for overall implementation of a governance project on realization of basic human rights with a focus on Child Protection, and ECOSOC RIGHTS as contained in the Bill of rights in the Kenyan constitution. The project to be Ganze Sub-County; Kilifi County.
- Prepare and implement a work plan in accordance with the project documents and contracts.
- Ensure enhanced capacity of youth, women and partners to take up active participation ,civic engagement in governance processes and ownership of community development initiatives in targeted areas
- Provide good linkages and relations between communities and key partners.
- Facilitate participation of youth and women in program forums.
- Provide timely and high quality project outputs including reports to donor
- Participate in program monitoring and evaluations in line with project work plans
- Ensure availability of accurate and timely project management information
- Ensure quality project documentation in terms of data, photos and reports,
- Provide timely, accurate and comprehensive project close out report.
- Any other duty that maybe assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least a diploma in community development and or Social Sciences or related field
- Three years of relevant work experience in Kilifi county
- Good knowledge and experience on human rights and Civic education is essential.
- Must have understanding of rights based approach to development and participatory development
- Project management skills will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills and must be fluent in written and oral English and Kiswahili.
KWETU is an equal opportunity organization and women are encouraged to apply.
The application letter including salary expectations and CV to be emailed to:
The Centre Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org 23rd November 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Share this story