Background Information – Job-specific
The Kwetu Training Centre for Sustainable Development is a Non-Governmental Organization located in Mtwapa, Kilifi County, Coast region of Kenya focusing on community development and conservation of the environment.
Reporting to the Kwetu ICT Coordinator, the volunteer will work to deliver innovative tools and solutions for Kwetu Training Centre by digital development principles.
- Implement innovative ICT solutions and provide substantive support in developing SharePoint for NGO organization
- Provide support in developing tools that adhere to the product and service needs of internal staff.
- Proactively solicit and discuss user feedback as well support and extend applications as needed.
- Deploy and support web-based document management, collaboration and business process automation solutions on Kwetu platforms.
- Develop and maintain reporting and data analytics in the form of infographics and dashboards with a focus on business intelligence
- Develop quality focused procedures, instructions and templates from best practice and disseminate through Practice Communities
- Support in the development of knowledge management
- Perform other related duties as required
- Applicants must have completed a university degree/diploma, preferably in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology
- At least one year professional experience is required for the volunteer in areas of software development, hardware management and/or troubleshooting is highly desired;
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft technologies, collaboration and productivity tools: Office, SharePoint 2013, etc.is desired;
- Experience and ability in using business intelligence tools, for example: gathering, consolidating and analyzing data from databases and reports is desired;
- Experience and knowledge in at least one of the following SharePoint skill-sets: site management, document management, and “app” development is desired;
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Webtrends, etc.) is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, graphic design and web standards/best practices is highly desirable;
- Knowledge and experience in social Media management.
NB: Applicants are required to send their letter of application, CV, relevant certificates and testimonials to email@example.com clearly indicating the position being applied for and its reference number ICT/VOLUNTEER-KWETU/06/2020 as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and interview will be done on a rolling basis.
Share this story