Position: Finance and Admin Coordinator.
Reports To: Centre Manager.
LOCATION: Kilifi County.
KWETU Training Centre for Sustainable Development is a Non-governmental organization working in the coastal Counties of Kenya with head office based in Mtwapa. KWETU vision subsumes working towards a poverty free and resilient community living in a healthy and free environment. KWETU supports rural communities by providing training in sustainable use of natural resources, environmental conservation, sustainable agriculture, governance and human rights, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Support, HIV/AIDS and sexual reproductive health.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Coordinator (F&A coordinator) is responsible for the leadership in financial management and administration, in accordance with KWETU relevant operational policies and procedures.
The F&A coordinator is responsible for efficient coordination and supervision of KWETUs finance function and supports the timely and effective implementation of projects. S/he will;
In collaboration with the Centre Manager, lead the review and preparation of the KWETU annual organizational budget.
- Engage in the budgeting process for project budgets with resource mobilization and programs.
- In close collaboration with the Program coordinators ensure program activities adhere to budget guidelines and allocations and comply with project contractual requirements.
- Procure audit services in accordance with procurement policy and procedures.
- Manage the audit assignment
- Submit timely reports in respect of Management and statutory audits.
- Submit audited financial statements as per required guidelines.
- Ensure maintenance of proper books of accounts
- Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policies and procedures.
- Ensure internal control system is in place, functional and effective
- Ensure the effective implementation of all operational policies: Finance; Human Resources; Procurement; and Maintenance Policies.
- Ensure proper functioning of office operations including written correspondence
- Ensure proper function of logistical operations including travel and events organization.
- Ensure safety, custody and maintenance of office, computer & accessories, furniture and equipment
- Ensure up to date register of assets.
- Ensure up to date records are maintained including leave, staff personal records
- Provide strategic and timely advice to the Centre Manager and the Board about HR issues.
- Ensure proper payroll administration and accounting.
- Lead the staff appraisal processes and develop the annual staff development plan.
- Ensure appropriate insurance covers are taken.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in business related field (Accounting, Commerce, Finance) or other relevant field
- A minimum 3 years relevant experience. Experience in non-governmental organization and handling donor funds will be an added advantage.
- Full accounting professional qualification – CPA, ACCA, or other comparable and equivalent qualification
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting
- Good at planning and organizing
- High integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication both oral and written English
- Ability to produce and analyze reports
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Applicants are required to send their letter of application, CV, relevant certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating current and expected Salary by 25th April 2021 Close of Business. Candidates should clearly indicate the position being applied for and its reference number F&A/KWETU/04/2021 as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and interview will be done on a rolling basis. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Share this story