Job Title: Field Agent Supervisors (based in Kilifi South and Ganze)
Reports To: HES Officer
Position Type: 1 Year
KWETU TRAINING CENTRE is implementing an orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed MWENDO in Partnership with CRS, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
Reporting to the HES project Officer, the Field Agent supervisor is responsible for supervising field agents and ensuring the quality of the SILC groups they form and roll out of other economic Strengthening activities; ensuring the project meets its objectives and targets, Training and mentorship of Field Agent and certifying them as PSPs; overseeing their work as PSPs and organizing them into networks. He/she will support SILC Field Agents to conduct sensitization meetings on HES initiatives, develop individual work plans, monitors their execution and prepare monthly project performance reports.
Project Coordination and Supervision
- Works with the Field Agents to develop responsive monthly workplans and ensures implementation of the plans and prudent utilization of resources.
- Holds regular Field Agent meetings and community meetings to review progress, address emerging issues and plan for subsequent actions.
- Coordinate all support supervision activities by Field Agents ensuring that SILC groups and beneficiaries are adequately provided with the support they need.
- Continually communicates to the HES Officer on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
- Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
- Takes lead in developing working relationships and linkages with Community leaders as well with other OVC actors to promote HES initiatives and market MWENDO project.
Service delivery to OVC and their caregivers
- Work closely with the HES Officer, Project Coordinator, Case Management and System strengthening Project Officers to develop case plans and support implementation of HES interventions.
- Supports project team members in implementation of key activities that includes: recruit Field Agents, Map and define agent operating areas, support agent certification, PSP launches and PSP network formation.
- Train and mentor Field Agents to deliver services to OVC caregivers. These services shall include but not limited to trainings on SILC PSP model, CRS SMART skills modules, Financial literacy, marketing basics and 7 Steps of Marketing and value chains analysis and roll out MWENDO emergency Fund.
- Works with the DCS and Private Sector Actors to advocate for linkage of caregivers to GOK cash transfers, in kind agricultural support and other subsidies.
- Work with project team to link OVC not in school to CAP -YEI and other relevant empowerment programs
Coordination of Care to OVC
- Works with the DCS and Private Sector Actors to advocate for linkage of caregivers to GOK cash transfers, in kind agricultural support and other support.
- Works with GoK departments and county government departments to offer extension services to strengthen the capacity of producer groups and SILC farmer groups.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge management
- Conducts structured support supervisions and spot checks to Field agents, SILC groups and other HES initiatives at the HH level to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their caregivers.
- Review data collection forms before entry to SILC MIS to ensure accuracy of data.
- Participate in data review meetings together with the project team to ensure effective data entry, analysis, reporting and accountability for results.
- Supports project team members to identify, document, and disseminate knowledge products to build on evidence based practices in Household Economic strengthening initiatives.
- Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly reporting to the HES officer.
Supervises SILC Field Agents/Private Service Providers
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in business administration, community development, agriculture and other related disciplines.
- Previous experience working with decentralized, community-based projects
- Previous experience with savings group programming is preferred
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to be based in the field and to travel long distances
- Fluency in one or more languages of the operating area
- Good community mobiliser and facilitator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle – (Added advantage)
- Valid motorcycle permit
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Applicants are required to send their letter of application, CV, relevant certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating current and expected Salary by COB 6th November 2019. Candidates should clearly indicate the position being applied for on the subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and interview will be done on a rolling basis. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Share this story